Friday, May 17, 2013

Which Generation Do You Belong To?

I was doing some research on different types of poetry and was trying to revise different literary terms and I stumbled across the word ‘palindrome’, unsure of what it meant I did a little digging and learnt that it is a phrase that can be read both forwards and backwards. I searched examples of this using Google and a poem called “Lost Generation” came up, I clicked on it and was truly inspired so I wanted to share it with you all. A man called Jonathon Reed who is a graduate student from Harvard in his late twenties wrote it, he really conveys a great positive message that makes you want to change the world for the better. He really puts things into perspective using a paradigm shift when reading it backwards, I really think what he has done is so skillful.


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! It was a phrase-level palindrome, not a word one, so I was trying to anticipate the reversal. I also like his allusion to the generation born exactly 100 years ago (Fitzgerald, Hemingway, and all other flappers and modernist). Gertrude Stein coined the term originally, and it would be interesting to compare the "Millennials" to this cohort.

    ReplyDelete