Friday, May 17, 2013

Updated Personal Learning Plan

I don't know if I ever formally posted my personal learning plan or if I just wrote about what I expected out of my experience this semester in my first post. . . At any rate, I have an updated personal learning plan in order to fulfill that requirement and put into a post all that I desire from the course.

Know Basic Literary Terms:

Study basic literary terms and get to the point where I can point them out while reading a specific work.
Notice literary elements and devices as second nature.

Know Basic Literary Genres and Representative Texts:

Read works from each genre and become familiar with the different literary movements.
For example, read Romantic Poetry by Wordsworth, Whitman, Coleridge and Blake and understand the ideas of using nature and the sublime to find the true nature of things.

Write Literary Analysis:

Read something for or outside of class each week and analyze it for its literary arguments.

Engage in literature creatively and socially:

Create posts that are enjoyable to read and make useful and thoughtful comments on others' posts.

Use communication tools and pedagogical methods:

Become more familiar with blogging and push myself to become more familiar with blogging methods in order to create the best posts possible that engage teach the reader.

So far, I have been able to keep up with my plan and progress in my knowledge of literature and social media. I have read a novel from my list and a couple books of poetry. I aim to continue to follow my plan and revise it as need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment