Thursday, May 30, 2013

Seeds

As I examined my previous posts I noticed I enjoyed writing about the influence of new media on literature and the world.  What are it's benefits?  How does it negatively us?  How has it changed the way we live?  Technology continues to exert a profound pressure on the modern man and that pressure is only increasing.  Some of my posts dealing with these issues are: Paper or Plastic, Emerging Tools, and, most recently, The Good, The Bad and The Television.



I also found the symbols in Death of a Salesman very intriguing in my post The Wrong Dreams.  Why are the characters endowed with their specific names?  How do each reflect an aspect of the American Dream?  Are there other interpretations other those which are generally accepted?



I have written a lot about music in many of my posts (Drama With Sasquatch and At the neutral milk hotel?).    How do music and poetry (and the other literary categories we have discussed) relate to one another?  Are the lyrics of contemporary music the best poetry around or just the most generally accessible?

These are the most likely contenders for my big literary analysis paper.  Any further thoughts on how to develop these ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I like your ideas, you have some good ones. I think it would be interesting to hear if the lyrics of contemporary music the best poetry around or just the most accessible. Are we generally so inattentive and lazy to only consider literature that passively reaches us? I say generally, since there are many who actively seek out good literature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dawn has some great points. I would find it interesting, though, if you continued your thoughts on Death of A Salesman, especially trying to find an uncommon interpretation.

    ReplyDelete