Thursday, June 20, 2013

Writing Lab and Room Mates


After asking my room mates to peer review my paper and getting only positive (polite) feedback I decided to take matters into my own hands and go to the BYU writing lab. This was quite a scary experience to start with because it is rather intimidating taking a piece of your writing to a stranger but after a minute or two my mentor made me feel really comfortable. The biggest shock to me was having to read my work aloud, the parts that didn’t work really stood out like a sore thumb which was good because I had gotten so used to skimming over it that until I read it aloud I didn’t realize how it really sounded. This made me notice what and how to reword and restructure some of my sentences. Other feedback that I got consisted of...


Make my sentences A LOT shorter.

Make some points more concise
Don’t repeat the same idea in a different way
More analysis, less history
Double and triple check my grammar 



No comments:

Post a Comment